I took my Hasselblad 500/CM loaded with a roll of Ilford Delta 100 for a walk downtown this past Sunday just so that I could develop it with my 4-Tea-C developer that most of you have probably read about over at the fantastic Cool Girls Shoot Film tumblr. I must have over-agitated the tank a bit because the roll ended up being a little overdeveloped. Hence the big grains. As for the black area on the left-hand side of each photo, that’s what you get for putting 500ml of developer in a tank that takes 550ml.

You may have noticed the lack of black spots in the pictures from this batch. Well, I ran the developer through a strainer twice. The first time when I transferred the solution from the saucepan to the measuring cup and another time when I transferred it from the measuring cup to the developing tank. Caught a lot of fine tea residue the second time around. Can’t say that I like it better without the black spots, though. It just looks like there’s something missing.

If you have any questions about b&w film developing with 4-Tea-C, please feel free to ask. I’ll try to answer your questions the best I can. Keep in mind that I’m neither the most consistent nor the most precise or scientific film developing person out there. I just like to experiment and do things differently each time. I am that adventurous. 🙂

Leave a Reply