I took my Hasselblad 500/CM loaded with a roll of Ilford Delta 100 for a walk downtown this past Sunday just so that I could develop it with my 4-Tea-C developer that most of you have probably read about over at the fantastic Cool Girls Shoot Film tumblr. I must have over-agitated the tank a bit because the roll ended up being a little overdeveloped. Hence the big grains. As for the black area on the left-hand side of each photo, that’s what you get for putting 500ml of developer in a tank that takes 550ml.
You may have noticed the lack of black spots in the pictures from this batch. Well, I ran the developer through a strainer twice. The first time when I transferred the solution from the saucepan to the measuring cup and another time when I transferred it from the measuring cup to the developing tank. Caught a lot of fine tea residue the second time around. Can’t say that I like it better without the black spots, though. It just looks like there’s something missing.
If you have any questions about b&w film developing with 4-Tea-C, please feel free to ask. I’ll try to answer your questions the best I can. Keep in mind that I’m neither the most consistent nor the most precise or scientific film developing person out there. I just like to experiment and do things differently each time. I am that adventurous. 🙂
PS. Use the arrow on the right- and left-hand sides of the photo above to navigate through all the pictures. There are eight of them! Unless, of course, you read this from the Tumblr dashboard, in which case you would have seen all of them. 🙂